May 06, 2010

Otherness watches us from the shadows ...

"...to be able to have dreams, it's crucial that you have no illusions.

In this way you'll reach the summit of dreamy abstention, where senses blend, feelings overflow, and ideas intermingle. There colours and souls taste like each other, hatreds taste like loves, and concrete things like abstracts things, abstract things like concrete. The ties that joined everything but also separated everything - because they isolated each element - are broken. Everything melds and merges.

... To kill our dream life would be to kill ourselves, to mutilate our soul. Dreaming is the one thing we have that's really ours, invulnerably and inalterably ours.

Life and the Universe - be they reality or illusion belong to everyone. Everyone can see what I see and have what I have, or can at least imagine himself seeing it and having it...

But no one besides me can see and have what I dream. And if I see the outer world differently from how others see it, it's because I inadvertly incorporate, into what I see, the things from my dreams that have stuck to my eyes and ears.

... To kill our dream life would be to kill ourselves, to mutilate our soul. Dreaming is the one thing we have that's really ours, invulnerably and inalterably ours.

Every day things happen in the world that can't be explained by any law of things we know...the same mystery that brought them takes them away, transforming their secret into oblivion. Such is the law by which things that can't be explained must be forgotten...

Fictions of the Interlude colourfully covering the torpor and sloth of our underlying disbelief.

What kills the dreamer is to not live while he dreams..."

Words of Fernando Pessoa
(feelings that could be mine)

No comments: